Thursday, August 30, 2012

Times They are 'a Changin'


Dear Lightworkers,

I have spent more time in the past month consoling friends and loved ones than I ever have before in my life. It seems like everyone is being flung out of their comfort zones by the Universe all at once. And this time around it is including my dearest, sweetest friends.


Are any of you experiencing this? Are the things you thought you could count on suddenly becoming very shaky?


When big change comes along, it often feels like we need to figure it out all at once. But it never really works that way.


Who decides to leave their marriage in one moment or one day or even one week? Who finds their perfect home immediately after realizing they want to move? Hardly anyone. We might have moments of sudden realization, but those really big changes? They take time. And few of us are good at feeling like we can have all the time we need.


The Records have told a us a few times that Enlightenment comes in stages, and there are times when we collectively hit one stage at the same time.  So, just in case it’s not a coincidence and some of you are going through some big, scary changes, too -- I just want to say to you, as I’ve been saying to my dearest friends:


You Have Time. Life Is Long. Sure, there might be consequences if you delay, but you won’t be able to think clearly until you calm down. And you can calm down a lot more easily if you decide to take the time you need. Don’t wait for someone to give you that time. Don’t try to take care of everybody else when you have lost your own center. Take that time and use it to feel your feelings, think your thoughts, and feel a little more like yourself again. Then decide what to do about those big changes afoot.


Much love to those of you in the midst of change, and those of you who are feeling just fine,


Jen

3 comments:

  1. I am in the major transition zone and I am anxious for the changes to happen! But I am also knowing that the time is ripening but not yet ripe. It's so hard to know when the right moment is vs waiting too long though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow:) Thanks for sharing! These words are comforting, especially, 'Take that time and use it to feel your feelings, think your thoughts, and feel a little more like yourself again.' Whew! Yes! I have taken a lot of time, last year and this year to date, to feel and think and now, I'm feeling more like myself again.

    Though last year and this year has been uncomfortable, difficult and at times, I didn't know how I was going to make it, the universe has provided me with what I have needed. It's been like some things or people have just appeared, almost out of the blue, to help me along the way.

    So, one of the biggest things that I have learned to say to myself and practice doing more of is being grateful for what I have or what I'm doing in each moment, like 'I am eating a great dinner NOW' or 'I am hiking a beautiful forest trail with a good friend NOW' or 'I am deciding on what food to get at the farmer's market NOW'...instead of obsessing, wondering and worrying about how the future will be, especially when I could not have ever imagined that I would be able to make it this far, given the circumstances happening (or not happening) in my life, this year and last. So, I am more able to just be happy and be grateful NOW, because I can better recognize how I am blessed NOW. I should be keeping a list of these moments of gratefulness:)

    And I don't think I would have come to this place of appreciating each moment if things would have stayed the same comfortable way. I don't know if I would have to come to this place of love, gratefulness, and living in the moment more if it weren't for this discomfort and for not having something to rely on.

    My job ended (last year), my relationship with my partner ended (this year), sad, but other things have ended too, which have made me so happy, (hence the paradox I feel like life has become/is) so....now what:) Well, since I've had this time, I'm a lot more confident about what I do want and my choices will be a lot truer to who I am. So, I'm ready to rumble!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for thoses beautiful advices Jen. I agree : Enlightenment comes in stages, with time.

    ReplyDelete